For those of you who are regulars on this site, knows that I, AW, loves cheese and even more than that, I love grilled cheese sandwiches. In fact, I'm craving one right now. What are the odds?
Anyway, I thought it was about time (this site's been up for a few years) that I shared my grilled cheese recipe with everyone. Cause most likely, if you ever come to visit me (as some net friends have in the past, you will get treated to either yakisoba noodles or grilled cheese sandwiches; it's just the way things are done.
#1. Chaos rules over order.
#2. I feed you yakisoba or grilled cheese... or both!
So, without any more delaying, on with it!
You will need:
- turn on an oven element to medium heat
- butter one side of the bread
- place one piece butter side down on the frying pan
- put your cheese on the bread so that it covers completely (don't go over the edges)
- spread some chopped onion over the cheese
- cover onion/cheese blend with other piece of bread, butter side up
- wait til the bread underneath is nicely toasted, and flip the sandwich
- repeat last step for second side
- remove from heat, slice in half, serve with ketchup
* for more sandwiches, repeat from step #2 until desired number of sandwiches has been reached.
* for a different taste, use green onion instead of regular, or replace ketchup with fancy molasses, but I highly recommend the ketchup!
* if you don't like onion, try onion powder. I've never tried it, but do let me know how it turns out. ;)
And if you think that you wouldn't like this, try it. You may. Think of it as a 'green eggs and ham' situation because I served this to someone who didn't like neither onion nor ketchup and he loved it.
Let me know how yours turns out.